Wednesday 22 April 2020

my Christmas story

It may not be a magical Christmas story but it's my Christmas story and it starts off like this
Christmas was tomorrow and I could not wait. I was so excited. This Christmas Eve I also had my Nana and Poppa staying and my big brother Josh and his girlfriend. I was so pleased Josh was here staying I haven't had a Christmas with him since I was a baby. I just could not get to sleep it feels like hours as minutes pass by but when I think I just can't get to... and I'm out. The next day I wake up and I'm excited as can be so I immediately get up as fast as I can and what do I find under the Christmas tree... presents!
Just as I was about to start opening presents. Nana, Grandad, and my great Nana Anderson come in the front door. Wishing mum and I a Merry Christmas, giving us hugs and kisses. All I was thinking about was the present under the tree calling my name.
At last, I got to go and open them...mmmm which one did I want to open first, there were so many choices and different sizes. I went for the small ones first and then the biggest.
Little did I know the surprise waiting for me was my main present outside. They told me that was not all of my presents and said for me to go outside. As I was walking outside happiness crept over my face
It was a motorbike!!! A two-wheel motorbike!!!
My Grandad got me to sit on it. I was a little nervous. I said I would give it ago later on after our Christmas breakfast.
After we had a cooked breakfast with Mum, Josh, his girlfriend and Nana and Poppa. My big brother Josh said “ok Kalani, let’s give this bike a go” I said ok. He was a good teacher, I got the hang of it, but still need to practice. Later that morning we all got ready to go to my Aunty Mequas house to have our Christmas lunch.
All the family was there. My Mum, My brother Josh, his girlfriend, Nana, Grandad, Nana, Poppa, Nana Anderson, Mequa, Tony, Pera, Billie. There were many more family there. I think 30 all up. When I was sitting at the table eating my Christmas lunch I was thinking to myself how lucky I am to have so many people around me and so many cousins. I had such a great day playing with all my cousins and having my big Brother there with me. Best Christmas ever!!!!

It was hard to think about what to write a story on but then I remembered how much I loved Christmas this year because my big brother Josh was there. I enjoyed writing it.

2 comments:

  1. Ka mau te wehi Kalani! What a great story, I think it is full of Christmas magic getting to hear/read all about your excitement for having Christmas with you brother and your whole family. I love some of the language you used also like "happiness crept all over my face".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kalani. What an awesome piece of writing. Do you still ride the motorbike you got for christmas?. I like how you reflected on the end to say you are grateful for your big family. I hope lockdown has been going good for you at home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.